- Uptake of A level sciences by 2B grade GCSE science students compared with 2A*/A grade science students
How science teachers and subject leaders can increase the uptake to post16 science by encouraging and nurturing GCSE ‘B’ grade students...
- 'Know your data' regarding progression to post 16 science from science GCSE
Questions for science teachers and subject leaders to 'know the gaps' for those GCSE science pupils who decided not to go on to study science courses post-16...
- How to improve the impact of teaching and learning in pre-16 science on uptake of science courses post-16
Explore the four main areas of teaching and learning in pre-16 science which research shows have an impact on pupils' decisions to study science post-16....
- Actions for science teacher to improve uptake of post-16 sciences
Research-based list of possible action for science teacher to encourage pupil uptake of post-16 science courses....
- Actions for science subject leader to improve uptake of post-16 sciences
Research-based list of possible science subject leader actions to improve pupil uptake of post-16 science courses....
- How well are your science teachers equipped to deliver effective science lessons?
How to recognise effective practice In How science works and provide continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities for science teachers....
- What to avoid doing during 11-16 science education which can negatively affect the number of pupils who wish to go on to study science courses post-16
Some common practices which senior leaders, science subject leaders and teachers can avoid so as to increase pupils' enthusiasm for and access to post-16 science courses....
- How is science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) embedded in science lessons?
How science can contribute to the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) curriculum and create a more effective and engaging experience for pupils....
- Case study: Effective enhancement and enrichment activity in science – 'speed dating' with STEM ambassadors in science lessons
Several schools in North Yorkshire have worked with the local STEMNET STEM ambassador contract holder, so that all pupils enhance their knowledge of careers that are underpinned by science. For pupils following vocational science courses, this also helped them to appreciate the impact on practitioners of Health and Safety legislation.
The National Strategies Last update: 2011
- KS3/4 Science - Big Screen Science: Stem Cell Controversy
A wheelchair user investigates stem cell therapy issues
Teachers TV Created: Fri Apr 28 03:10:36 BST 2006